Selling your home is one of the most important financial decisions you’ll make in your lifetime. Coldwell Banker Chesapeake Bay Properties will give you the attention and expertise you need to achieve the best results. Our team is committed to guiding you expertly through every phase of the process, from the listing day to closing. We take the time to understand your needs and goals and research every possible option throughout your sale.
Coldwell Banker Chesapeake Bay Properties’ strong presence in the market, as well as our worldwide access on the web, will create maximum exposure for your property. And since we live in this community, we know who’s looking to move here, and who could be a perfect fit as a buyer.
Counties We Serve
Chesapeake Bay Properties has two offices in the Northern Neck — Kilmarnock and Burgess. But our reach to potential buyers is without limits, thanks to our advances in using online sales tools. And since we live here, we can offer potential buyers the insider knowledge they need to feel confident making an offer. Areas we serve include:
What can you expect during the selling process? Here are the typical steps:
- Call Coldwell Banker Chesapeake Bay Properties at 804-436-9145.
- We’ll come to your property to give you an overview of our background and company, and preview the property to gather info.
- We’ll work with you to determine a plan for selling and a desired timeframe.
- Get our overview of the current market, market values and market trends.
- Meet with us again to get a formal analysis on the market value of your property and a marketing plan for the property.
- Sign a listing agreement — you’re on the market!
- We’ll arrange to have our photographer take pictures.
- Watch your listing appear in the two MLS systems, on 800+ national websites — plus the Coldwell Banker national site.
- We’ll send marketing materials to realtors and other potential buyer connections.
- Get our feedback from potential buyers on each showing on your house.
- Receive a contract! It’s time to negotiate!
- Work, with the advice and guidance of your agent, through negotiations and terms of your contract.
- Contract ratified!
- Work with your agent through the removal of contingencies and requirements of the contract.
- Employ a lawyer or closing agent for representation in closing.
- Your agent will order and obtain necessary inspections for closing.
- Closing day, walkthrough and signing documents.
- Recordation of Deed and Funds deposited into your desired account.